8 Students Face Murder Charges For Beating Teenager To Death 

Local Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have arrested eight students in connection to the brutal beating of a Las Vegas teenager near a local high school earlier this month.

According to The Daily Wire, Jonathan Lewis Jr. —a 17-year-old student of Rancho High School— died last Tuesday at University Medical Center, where he was receiving treatment for the injuries he sustained in a brutal beating. A group of 15 students attacked the victim and brutally beat him on Nov. 1. 

According to a fundraising website set up for the victim’s family, Jonathan was standing up for a smaller child who was being bullied before the mob of 15 students attacked him. Jonathan’s father, Jonathan Lewis Sr., said his son was initially attacked by a few students, who the 17-year-old shook off because he was so strong. Jonathan was 

“But then all the other kids joined in and beat him to death after that,” the victim’s father added to NewsNation. 

Lewis described his son as a loving, giving, kind, fierce young man who loved community and caring for others. 

“This horrific tragedy is reflective of the divisive, conflict based, uncaring state that our society and humanity is currently facing with how we interact with our community,” Lewis said. “Empathy and love are great strength and cowardly violence is pathetic.”

The video showing the attack on Jonathan went viral and authorities have now used that video to identify eight of the attackers as suspects. Lt. Jason Johansson of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department revealed that the fight started over a pair of stolen wireless headphones and possibly a vape pen which had been stolen from the victim’s friend.

Johansson revealed that authorities are working to charge all eight suspects, aged between 13 and 17, as adults. He also revealed that LVMPD will be releasing photos of two other people who are persons of interest in the brutal beating but have not been identified. 

Johansson urged parents to talk to their children and make them come forward with any information that can help the investigation. 

“There’s a high likelihood that there’s additional video out there that we don’t have,” he said, urging parents to talk to their children about what happened and not ‘put your head in the sand”.